Captrain Germany orders zedas®cargo Resource Manager
The latest software module of PC-Soft GmbH - the zedas®cargo Resource Manager – is becoming a bestseller even before its official presentation at InnoTrans 2010 in Berlin. With Captrain Germany GmbH another important and long-time customer is going for an implementation of the solution.
"Due to the tangible benefits, it was not a difficult decision to take. In future we are able to support our employees during complex planning and scheduling tasks even better and to identify opportunities for further process improvements", comments Frank Kschonsak, Head of Business Processes and Information Technology.
Based on the latest technology standards the software supports railway undertakings throughout their planning and scheduling processes in marshalling and transport operations for locomotives, personnel, wagons and railway tracks. The visualisation of different resource perspectives (e.g. using Gantt charts or time distance graphs) provides the user with all relevant information.
Functional overview of zedas®cargo Resource Manager:
- Reservation and allocation of resources, including availability / restriction comparison
- Monitoring of viability, suitability and qualification of locomotives, personnel and tracks
- Planning and scheduling of personnel, including shifts, routes and tasks
- Planning and scheduling of locomotive circulation, considering preventive and corrective maintenance actions
- Identification of bottlenecks due to resource availability, delays and failures
- Continuous target comparison and prognosis
- Visualisation of track occupations (past, present and future)
- (Empty) Wagon management, including the administration of sets
Captrain Germany is part of the SNCF Geodis Group, one of the leading rail freight companies in Europe and an innovative service provider for the settlement of industrial transport processes. With 564 employees and 113 locomotives Captrain Germany has transported over 23.4 million tons of goods in 2009, raising its turnover to nearly € 137 million. Captrain Germany has increased its performance in recent years continuously. The international rail freight specialist uses zedas®cargo as the operation, information and billing system, which enables the continuous electronic supervision and support of rail logistics processes and ensures the close coordination of subsidiaries and locations.